Saturday, August 11, 2007

The Darcy Debate

It is a truth universally acknowledge that Colin Firth is the ultimate Mr. Darcy. Firth played Mr. Darcy in the 1995 A & E version of P&P and then played Mark Darcy in the Morden day Pride and Prejudice, Bridget Jones Diary. Yet, because of the new Keira Knightly version of Pride and Prejudice, I beg to differ.

Firth is dark and forboding and delivers the lines excellently and everyone loves the pond scene. Yet, I find myself watching the Keira Knightly verison more then the 95 version, one because it is shorter and secondinly I like Matthew Macfedyen. For me Macfedyen protrays the fact that Darcy might be trying flirt early on in the aquantince.

So if I had to choose I would go with Macfedyen.

Speaking of P&P I went and saw Becoming Jane tonight with my sister. I enjoyed the movie and liked the fact that it kept to what really happend in Jane Austen's life and not giving her the guy in the end.

While at the movies I actually told a couple of older women sitting behind me, "to stop talking because it is kind of annoying". When they left the poured some water on my purse. So as a common curtious please do not comment on a movie while the movie is in progress.

1 comment:

Hollie Anderson said...

I know this is an old post, but who the heck pours water on your purse!? How rude. It seems like those women WEREN'T very intelligent.