Sunday, June 6, 2010

Book 2 for the 48 hour book challenge

So I have gone to work got to read for at least 3 hours or more and listened to an audio book to and from work.  Now I am determined to read/blog/socialize for my last 10 hours then sleep for three hours and then it is off to work.

At work I finished Dreamquake by Elizabeth Knox. book two in the Dreamhunter Duet and a Printz Honor book for 2008.  I enjoyed both books and I probably would recommend both books to anyone who enjoyed the Sabrial Trilogy by Garth Nix or Philip Pullman.  The books main focus is Laura Hame a new dreamhunter, who seems to be extremely powerfully compared to other dreamhunters.

Now a dreamhunter is a person who can cross a border into a Place where the dreamhunters capture dreams.  The dreams can then be shared with others to help them heal, for pleasure, and sadly even punishment.

Dreamquake literally picks up the story where dreamhunter left off. The thing that I have been contemplating is whether Dreamquake could stand alone or if the author should have combined both books so it would be just one.

Time to read this book:
8 hours and 43 minutes

Totals for the 48 hour book challenge
Time Read: 15 hours 48 hours (only counting books finished at this point)
Pages Read: 756
Time Socializing: 58 minutes
Time Blogging: 14 minutes 
Audio book The White Darkness. : 2 hours and 21 minutes (not sure how accurate this is hoping to finish the book by my end time and just count the length of it.  I am listening to it whenever I am blogging or on twitter.  Plus if I get tired in the next 9 and 1/2 hours I am going to go walking and listen to it.) 

No comments: